Rise & Shine
- 30 Susie Wilson Drive, Essex Junction, VT, 05452
Bagel Market opens early — 6 a.m. — which makes it popular among partiers. Take-Out.
- 93 Church Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Bruegger’s is a chain, but it’s based here in Burlington. Get quick coffee, soups and sandwiches on bagels baked fresh all day. Take-Out.
- 992 Shelburne Rd, South Burlington, VT, 05403
Burlington’s original bagel shop cooks up more than 15 types of bagels, including asiago and roasted red pepper. Take-Out.
- 85 Pearl Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
This neighborhood diner serves up comfort food Tuesday through Sunday. The adjoining bakery sells homemade doughnuts, pies and pastries by the dozen. Take-Out.
- 382 Pine Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Choose from breakfast pastries and eight varieties of bread made with fresh-milled whole-grain flour. Bonus: They give you a free slice just for walking in the door. Take-Out.
- 74 Maple Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
You won’t find any tourists at this family-owned, no-frills breakfast-and-lunch place, but it’s popular with politicos and UVM jocks. Take-Out.
- 155 Bank Street , Burlington, VT, 05401
This historic Queen City diner still serves breakfast all day and offers home cooked dishes in a cozy, retro atmosphere. Take-Out.
- 46 High Point Center, Colchester, VT, 05446
Miss home? Libby’s is a great source of New England comfort food when you need it most.
- 1 Lawson Lane, Burlington, VT, 05401
Burlington’s first certified “green” restaurant serves creative cuisine for breakfast and lunch. Go for the oatmeal pancakes, garbanzo burger or local steak sandwich. Take-Out.
- 198 Main Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Daily lunch specials and homemade pastries characterize this Burlington bakery-café. Try the French toast or egg-and-cheese sandwich. Take-Out