- 123 Church Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Designed using salvaged pieces of a 19th century Irish pub, this restaurant features live music on Thursdays and Saturdays, and Irish sessions on Sunday afternoon. 21+ after 9 p.m.
- 159 Main Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Sports bar by day, sweaty dance club by night. Try the food, you’ll be surprised. In a good way.
- 165 Church Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
DJs spin hip-hop, reggae and pop at this nightclub. Sometimes classic rock bands play on Saturdays.
- 60 Lake Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Check out the “Folk and Fondue” music series Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- 377 Pine Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
This used bookstore doesn’t host regular gigs, but their infrequent shows are worth waiting for. They also sell records — yes, vinyl.
- 30 Main Street, Winooski, VT, 05404
The Monkey is a stellar venue for up-and-coming bands and an awesome place to have some drinks and a panini.
- 4 North Winooski Avenue, Burlington, VT, 05401
The “Other Place” is the crown cubic zirconium of Burlington dives. The wide variety of music on the stereo — and the volume — is at the bartenders’ discretion. It’s best not to quibble.
There’s no live music, but this bar and brewery hosts an awesome daily “Duff Hour,” featuring dollar drafts during “Simpsons” reruns.
- 18 Malletts Bay Avenue, Winooski, VT, 05404
This traditional tavern — frequented by St. Mike’s students — has a long, wooden bar and a large, outdoor deck. Local bands play Thursday through Saturday.
- 152 St. Paul Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
You’ll come for the dollar drafts. However, the errant apostrophe in its name should tell you all you need to know about this always crowded basement bar. You’ve been warned.