Hiking & Backpacking
You probably won’t have time to hike the entire 270-mile Long Trail, which extends from Vermont’s southern border with Massachusetts to Canada. But the oldest hiking trail in the U.S. is accessible from every road that crosses the Green Mountains. Marked by white blazes, it’s a little harder to find in winter.
For a good day-hike, try Mt. Mansfield for classic trails on part of Vermont’s Long Trail, says Adam from OGE. On this trail you’ll be on the tallest peak in Vermont, and in one of the state’s three alpine zones.
- Camel's Hump Road, Duxbury, VT
- 4711 Waterbury-Stowe Road, Waterbury Center, VT, 05677
- 1 Steele Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
- Lincoln Gap Road, Bristol, VT, 05443
- Snake Mountain Road, Middlebury, VT, 05753