You can’t walk a block in this town without bumping into somebody’s original art — nearly every store and café has some on display. Here’s a list of art-only destinations.
- 153 Main Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Peek in the plate glass window on Main Street to see if you’re interested in the latest show.
- 1 Steele Street, Wing Building, Burlington, VT, 05401
It’s a hallway where they hang artwork. The building’s cool, though.
- 135 Church Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
This retro brick building used to be a fire station. Now it houses photography classes and contemporary art exhibits.
- 61 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT, 05405
Free for students from UVM, Burlington College, Champlain, CCV and St. Mike’s; $5 for everybody else. The permanent collection contains more than 20,000 art objects.
- 208 Flynn Avenue, Burlington, VT, 05401
This funky South End art space on Flynn Avenue has nothing to do with the Flynn Center.
- 85 Church Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
They sell lots of local arts and crafts at this Church Street boutique.
- 86 Falls Road, Shelburne, VT, 05482
They also do framing and restoration at this fine art gallery.
- 18 Howard Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
This is a working studio, not a gallery, but we recommend attending their special events, including the annual Halloween party.
- 64 North Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
Out-of-state and Vermont artists exhibit at this Old North End storefront space, and the owners help organize Burlington’s First Friday Art Walks.
- 149 Church Street, Burlington, VT, 05401
There’s a gallery at Burlington City Hall. Even the government likes art here.