Embrace winter, cuz the alternative is cursing it. Nothing lets you seize the season like a pass to one of Vermont’s many alpine ski areas. Or strap on x-country skis — or snowshoes — and just get out in the wintery woods.
If you’re experienced, Kyle from the Alpine Shop says check out the out-of-bounds skiing at Stowe and the back bowls at Smugglers’ Notch. Says Kyle: “You’ll find spectacular views away from the tourists.”
Paul from EMS suggests the Monroe Trail at Camel’s Hump for back-country skiing with open glades.
- 485 Hotel Road, Brownsville, VT, 05037
- Rt. 100, Plymouth, VT, 05056
- 4302 Bolton Access Road, Bolton Valley, VT, 05477
- 3984 VT Rte. 11, Peru, VT, 05152
- 223 Sherburn Lodge Road, East Burke, VT, 05832
- 910 Cochran Road, Richmond, VT, 05477
- 4850 Vt Route 242, Jay, VT, 05859
- 4763 Killington Road, Killington, VT
- Rt. 17, Waitsfield, VT, 05673
- 495 Magic Mountain Access Road, Londonderry, VT, 05148